Monday 13 July 2015

So, this weekend was so - so. I didn't have any anxiety on Saturday which was amazing! But then sunday i woke up with the old familiar anxiety pangs. And then this morning too. I've been able to kind of go with the flow and I'm trying not to give them too much importance. I guess it's kind of working, but I'm still finding it hard. I just get so tired of feeling anxious all the time. So, Saturday was great - it was a nice break. So I'm starting to realize that my anxiety seems to crop up when I'm feeling stressed. (I know what you're thinking - sail away captain obvious, sail away). But, my point is that it seems to come around even when the stress is relatively minor. I've also realized that my moving to London sort of 'broke the seal' or what have you. I mean, I never really experienced anything particularly stressful before I came here, so I never had anxiety or panic (not to the degree I do now I mean). Moving to London was a huge shock to my system. It was my first panic attack ever. And ever since then it seems like that's how my body physically reacts to anything stressful. It's hard to define what's stressful. I think also, it went unchecked for quite a while, so perhaps it got a bit out of control before I really understood it. I guess that's what I'm trying to do now. Understand it so I can be less afraid and then I'm less likely to get caught up in the downward spiral... More soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment