Wednesday 8 July 2015

My anxiety background

So, I basically never experienced any anxiety until I was 23 years old. I can't believe that it's been almost ten years that I've been fighting off anxiety. Up until the age of 23, I lived life in South Carolina, USA, blissfully unaware of the existence of panic attacks and major anxiety. That all changed, however, when I moved to London, UK. I've spent the last ten years doing a number of things to try and figure out why I have panic attacks and how my anxiety started and why I didn't have any before I moved here. I've definitely got my theories, which I will save for later. My anxiety has been a roller coaster ride, as I imagine it is with most anxiety sufferers. Sometimes, I forget I even have an anxiety issue. Sometimes, it's my constant, faithful companion - blearrrghhhh. I just get so frustrated that just when I think I've got it beat, it can come sneaking up behind you like the bad dead villain in a movie for one last scare. Too bad I can't get paid for the number of times I write anxiety in one blog post. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment